Here's a Sadowsky Metro MS4 Natural
At a glance:
- 21 fret neck with maple fingerboard. Soft C profile flattens towards the 12th fret for great upper position comfort
- Lightweight body (swamp ash)
- 2 Sadowsky humcancelling single coils
- 2 Band Sadowsky preamp (boost only). Bypassable.
- 34" scale and familiar feeling.
- Tone to die for !!
This is not a bass with a spectacular sound that will impress you in the shop but will prove itself useless in real life situations. Instead, it offers a great classic Jazz Bass sound in passive mode (the only difference with the original is that the Sadowsky has humcancelling single coils), and a great meaty updated Jazz tone in active mode. The 2 band EQ (boost only) has enough range to get you into experimental landscapes, but if you are after that fat 70's Jazz Bass Sound (think Marcus), all you need is to boost the lows slightly and you will be in heaven.
If you are looking for a vintage axe but don't want to spend a fortune and end up with a heavy bass that might suffer from a warped neck or dead spots, look no further. Get a Sadowsky! It is a bass for a lifetime.